ATTENTION: All Landsat Collection 1 data and science products in the USGS archives will become unavailable at the end of December 2022. The ability to submit ESPA orders for Landsat Collection 1-based products will end on Friday, December 16, 2022, to allow orders in the system to complete before the end of the year. Please visit this webpage for more details about the removal of Landsat Collection 1 data and products from the USGS archives.
ESPA System Reminders:
- Each Wednesday from 7 am to 1 pm CT, standard preventative maintenance activities may affect MODIS data access. During this time, any ESPA containing MODIS data will be paused, until the source data become available to allow successful processing.
- Landsat Collection 1 Surface Reflectance products delivered from ESPA do not include thermal or panchromatic band data.
- Users are allowed to have 10,000 open units in processing at one time.
Did you know?
These Landsat Collection 1 and Collection 2 Surface Reflectance-derived spectral indices are available from ESPA:
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
- Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI)
- Soil Adjusted Vegetation Index (SAVI)
- Modified Soil Adjusted Vegetation Index (MSAVI)
- Normalized Difference Moisture Index (NDMI)
- Normalized Burn Ratio (NBR)
- Normalized Burn Ratio 2 (NBR2)
- Normalized Difference Snow Index (NDSI) (Collection 2 only)
Bulk ordering allows a list of Landsat scenes to be submitted for additional processing beyond what is available through the standard Landsat Level-1 processing.
This is the primary mechanism to gain access to LSRD's provisional and prototype data products.
Bulk Ordering API
The API enables end-users to write their own clients to interact with all Bulk Ordering capabilities.
The Bulk Ordering API is implemented as a REST service using HTTP and JSON and is accessible from most programming languages.
Land Product Characterization provides a way to perform statistical comparisons between datasets obtained from disparate sensors.
LPCS currently supports MODIS, VIIRS, and Landsat surface reflectance products only, but further development will expand the offerings.