Important information about Landsat 8-9 Provisional Aquatic Reflectance (AR) products: The atmospheric auxiliary data used in AR processing for Landsat 8-9 scenes prior to July 11, 2022, was recently changed from the previously used AURAOMI/NCEP to utilizing MERRA-2 data. Scenes acquired July 11, 2022, to present utilize auxiliary information from the GEOS FP-IT dataset as outlined in the Provisional Aquatic Reflectance Documentation, that can be found on https://www.usgs.gov/landsat-missions/landsat-collection-2-provisional-aquatic-reflectance-science-product.
Now Available: Cloud Optimized GeoTIFF (COG) format output option. Please refer to this USGS document for more information about COG files delivered from the USGS.
ESPA System Reminders
- Orders for Landsat 8-9 Provisional Actual Evapotranspiration (ETa) products must contain the Landsat Level-2 Product Identifiers in the file being uploaded. The ESPA User Guide contains helpful information when placing orders for Landsat, MODIS, and VIIRS product ordering and processing.
- Each Wednesday from 7 am to 1 pm CT, standard preventative maintenance activities may affect MODIS data access. During this time, any ESPA order containing MODIS units will be paused, until the source data become available to allow successful processing.
- Users are allowed to have 10,000 open units in processing at any one time.
We want your feedback about the products you request and download from ESPA! We’re interested in the quality and usability of the products we produce. Please share your thoughts with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
These Landsat Collection 2 Surface Reflectance-derived spectral indices are available from ESPA:
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
- Enhanced Vegetation Index (EVI)
- Soil Adjusted Vegetation Index (SAVI)
- Modified Soil Adjusted Vegetation Index (MSAVI)
- Normalized Difference Moisture Index (NDMI)
- Normalized Burn Ratio (NBR)
- Normalized Burn Ratio 2 (NBR2)
- Normalized Difference Snow Index (NDSI)
Bulk ordering allows a list of Landsat scenes to be submitted for additional processing beyond what is available through the standard Landsat Level-1 processing.
This is the primary mechanism to gain access to LSRD's provisional and prototype data products.
Bulk Ordering API
The API enables end-users to write their own clients to interact with all Bulk Ordering capabilities.
The Bulk Ordering API is implemented as a REST service using HTTP and JSON and is accessible from most programming languages.